Massage positively affects all systems of the body. Aside from the obvious benefits of relieving muscle tension, massage aids in the circulation of fluids throughout the body and assist the joints and muscles to flush toxins from the tissues. The results include reduced pain and stiffness, more flexibility and greater range of motion.
Many of the benefits include:
- Improve muscle tone
- Shinier coat and healthier skin
- Stimulate circulation
- Improve levels of performance
- Reduce inflammation and joint swelling
- Improve joint flexibility and range of motion
- Assist in pre and post surgery
- Help calm anxious animals
- General physical and psychological well being
The techniques used on the animals are the same as those used on people. Massage therapy is a gentle, non-invasive form of complimentary health care focused on optimizing how your pet feels and functions.